Drug Eluting Balloon
Innovative drug eluting balloon that opens a window of opportunities with regard to treating coronary diseases in the best possible manner. Available in Non-Compliant version, unique on the market!
Supported by independent scientific evidence, we offer a safe, effective and reliable tool to further enhance patient care with accurate transient local drug delivery. It is available in compliant and non-compliant versions.
Key performance characteristics of the Protégé are:
safe and easy drug delivery
- No airborne particles and no premature release of Paclitaxel
- Hydrophilic coating delivers Paclitaxel homogeneous to the vessel wall instantaneously upon contact
- Hydrophilic coating delivers Paclitaxel without any excipient
- Inflation for only 30 seconds ensures the drug delivery to the target lesion
wing seal technology
- Drug component encapsulated using Wing Seal Technology
- Wings remain closed prior to inflation at Nominal Pressure
- Ensures tight balloon wrapping for reduced crossing profile
no procedural limitations
- Flexibility and characteristics of a usual workhorse PTCA balloon
- No change in standard operating procedures or handling required
- Multiple inflations will not lead to toxic level of Paclitaxel
Based on Blue Medical’s proven high-end workhorse PTCA catheter
Technology optimized to reach and cross the most difficult lesions
Optimal pushability and trackability due to balanced proximal and distal shaft transitions
Low profile tapered shaped design tip-to-balloon transition for smoother crossing results
Retrograde approach compatible
Full 6F Kissing Technology compatible
Blue Medical’s Protégé brand produced at Blue Medical’s production facility in the Netherlands.