A state of the art guiding catheter, with superior characteristics. The catheter is best in class and provides precise delivery in the target vessel.
A state of the art hydrophilic coated guiding catheter, with superior characteristics. The Primum guiding catheter is easy to position and provides precise delivery in the target vessel.
Key performance characteristics of the Primum are:
- Low resistance due to unique partial hydrophilic coating
- Smooth catheter introduction
- Low friction during advancement in tortuous and calcified anatomy
- Reduced vessel spasm in radial approach resulting in more patient comfort
- Minimal temperature softening of the catheter providing excellent shape retention and as a result more passive backup support
- High torque control
- Encapsulated ultra-thin high strength flat wire braiding provides high kink resistance against torsional and radial compression and excellent push ability characteristics
Selected parts of catheter remain uncoated:
- The distal segment of the catheter remains uncoated to facilitate optimal alignment and backup support
- The proximal segment of the catheter remains uncoated to increase the grip outside the body for 1:1 torque and to prevent unintentional movement of the catheter during the procedure
Designed for radial approach
The guiding catheter is designed to be your first choice in TRA (Trans Radial Approach)
- Hydrophilic coating on the surface of the catheter.
- A range of shapes are available that allow alignment of both left and right coronary with one catheter
- A range of shapes are available specifically designed to align the left or right coronary from radial approach
As a result, this patient friendly combination reduces irritation to the artery wall and prevents spasms resulting in more patient comfort.
In 2021 a Performance Analysis of a Novel Hydrophilic-Coated Transradial Guiding Catheter was published in the JCCCI Volume 4 (kun je hier een link van maken die naar de publicatie verwijst)
Available in 5F, 6F, 7F and 8F, in single pack configuration as well as a 5-pack configuration to reduce waste